City Scholars strengthens Chicago's tech pipeline with extraordinary talent from The Grainger College of Engineering.
Students in the City Scholars program are University of Illinois engineering juniors and seniors with exceptional talent. Your company will have exclusive access to a carefully curated resume book of these top students who are eager to move to Chicago and gain professional experience in a semester-long internship in Chicago's tech and startup ecosystem.
Who are City Scholars?
- University of Illinois juniors and seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0
- Majors: Computer Science, CS + X, Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Your choice of top students who move to Chicago to gain real-world experience during a semester-long internship while taking classes towards their UIUC degree.
- Future leaders seeking a role in Chicago’s tech and startup ecosystem.
- A cohort experience connecting students to executives, experts and civic leaders who drive Chicago's tech ecosystem.
City Scholars Program Overview
- Interns work 20 hours per week in Chicago offices during spring or fall semesters.
- Option to extend semester internship into summer or full-time offers.
- Online and in-person classes in Chicago keep students on track to graduate.
- Leading faculty connect classroom theory to practical real-world application.