Guide for Current Partners
Thank you for joining The Grainger College of Engineering's City Scholars program as a corporate partner. City Scholars is a university-company-city partnership that aims to connect the best and the brightest in engineering and computing from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus with innovative and technology-focused companies in Chicago.
- Grow the tech-talent pipeline between Urbana-Champaign and Chicago
- Showcase the city of Chicago and its tech and startup ecosystem
- Connect networks of tech professional, executives, experts and civic leaders
- Integrate academic learning with hands-on experience and enable students to develop professional skills and explore career interests
City Scholars staff program elements
- City Scholars staff will conduct a 30-minute virtual visit with you 4-7 weeks into the program.
- Direct supervisors will be asked to complete a brief student evaluation form by November 2, 2023.
- Company contacts will be asked to complete a brief satisfaction survey at the end of the program.
Any concerns or issues regarding student interns should be communicated immediately to City Scholars program staff.
In addition to the material in this guide, we endorse the National Association of Colleges and Employers' principles for professional conduct and the policies of the University of Illinois Career Services Council. These principles provide a framework for professional relationships among colleges/universities, employing organizations and candidates.