City Scholars participants are responsible for securing and paying for their own housing.
UIC Housing at SSR
The official program housing option is available at the University of Illinois at Chicago in the Single Student Residence Hall. UIC Housing accommodates City Scholars students and provides a reliable and safe housing option. We strongly recommend this option.
Benefits associated with this option include:
- City Scholar staff assistance with facilitating the UIC housing process
- Housing Fees billed directly to your student account
- All utilities and laundry
- Live in the same wing as other City Scholars (good for commuting/study buddies)
- Close and easy access to UIC campus facilities (rec center, health center, libraries, computer labs and more)
University of Illinois at Chicago–Single Student Residence Hall
809 South Damen Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60612
UIC Housing info for Fall 2023
Rates include all utilities, furniture, cable, internet and laundry, quoted below as per semester, per person:
- 2 person apartment: $5,453.50
- 3 person apartment: $5,343.50
- 2/3 person efficiency apartment: $4,652.50
Other Private Housing in Chicago
Some student-focused, private housing complexes offer semester-length leases. UIC Off-Campus Housing Service provides a listing of rental units. Rental property owners are responsible for reporting information fairly and accurately and UIC and Off Campus Partners cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of such information. The website is intended solely as a resource guide and availability is not guaranteed. You will need to contact each property to inquire about availability.
Subleasing and Dorm Contracts at UIUC
- UIUC Housing Online Contract release form for dorms only.
- Students who need assistance with sub-leasing while participating in City Scholars are encouraged to review the guide on Tenant Union. Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange operate a Housing Board.