International students must adhere to all standards for in-person instruction as they would for a semester on campus in Urbana-Champaign. For these students, a minimum of 9 credits must contain in-person instruction.
International students holding a F-1 Visa who plan to accept employment off-campus through a City Scholars internship must meet the requirements and adhere to the guidelines below:
- Completion of one academic year (2 consecutive semesters) of full-time study immediately prior to participation in the City Scholars program.
- Students may not work more than 20 hours per week during their internship.
- Students must have an approved CPT I-20 before starting their internship.
- Registration for ENG 310 (0 credits) is required for all international students.
- Application for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). Companies will be asked to provide an offer letter to begin the CPT process.
- Application for a Social Security Number.